Pages

3 June 2013

Smoky and Spicy Fish Stew


For a moment I thought someone cast a bad-cooking spell on me after I pretty much overcooked or otherwise ruined every meal in the last month, but I have now reassured myself that I can still definitely whip up a dinner that is simply pure awe (how very humble of me...).

In fact the presentation and the quality of the pictures is so bad, because I just couldn't wait it eat it! :)




Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp of Olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 2 tbsp of smoky hot paprika powder
  • 1 tbsp of cumin
  • Piri-piri (of chili) flakes
  • A large bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
  • 1 yellow pepper, chopped
  • 300-400g of good quality smoked haddock, cut into chunks
  • 400g can of tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 tbsp of tomato purée
  • 2 tsp of sugar
  • couscous or lentils to serve with



  1. Pour the olive oil onto a pan, add the garlic, paprika, piri-piri flakes and cumin and start heating up. Heat for about 3-4 minutes.
  2. Add 100ml of water, tomatoes (and their juice), tomato purée, half of the coriander and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
  3. Add the pepper and simmer for further 2- 3 minutes.
  4. Add the fish and simmer for further 10 minutes or so - until the fish is cooked. Add the rest of coriander just before serving.
  5. Serve with whatever you like. I like potatoes. Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment