Pages

4 February 2013

Chicken in Creamy Onion Sauce


And the award for the Easiest Recipe goes to....






Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • around 300ml of sour cream
  • 1 pack of Knorr instant onion soup or instant french onion soup (this may be quite tricky to get in UK, but it's quite easy to get in Poland, so most Polish shops would be happy to order it for you. Last time I checked Waitrose stocked it as well, 75p per packet: click here. )



If you're REALLY impatient you can flatten the breasts a little bit with a meat tenderiser (or as I call it, beat the meat. Although I am told this is not a good way to say it. I don't understand. English is confusing.) - this way they will cook a little faster.




The cream and the soup will infuse together and create a delicious onion sauce. I serve it just with chips - it doesn't need anything else - but if you want to add a salad I do recommend something slightly exotic to nicely contrast with the creaminess of the sauce. I like to serve it with a salad of grated celeriac, sliced leeks, diced pineapple, a tablespoon of mayo and a splash of soy sauce.Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment