One of the most delicious dinner recipes, ULTIMATE comfort food, and quite entertaining to prepare ;)
- 1 chicken corpse
- chili or paprika powder (I use chili, but paprika is a good mild substitute)
- garlic Italian herbs mix
- salt and pepper
- half glass lager
- empty jar
1. Rub the chicken with oil. Rub it well... Rub in the spices as well until it's quite evenly covered. I leave it to marinate in a fridge overnight, but an hour out of the the fridge will do.
2. Get some booze in it. Fill more or less half to two thirds of the jar with lager and squeeze the jar into the chicken's... lower opening... cough... so that it 'sits' on the jar. You want to pick a jar that will be the biggest jar you can insert. This way it will sit better.
3. Roast in an oven dish at around 170°C for however long it takes to cook it. It will vary depending on the size of the chicken. I check when it's done by making a small cut in the thigh. If it looks like the skin is getting a bit over-dried, but the chicken is not cooked yet, pour some of its own juices from the bottom of the dish over the chicken.
The beer will evaporate and infuse the chicken meat from the inside with an amazing flavour, and make it really tender and moist.
I serve it with chips, mayo and a carrot salad.
- 5 medium carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Mix everything together. I like to mix the mayo into it as well, but it's a matter of taste.
It's good to get the chicken relaxed first.
This is where the jar goes ;)