I know, sounds awful. Totally works, though! I pinky swear it does. Delish.
- 2 large or 3 small (very) ripe pears, trimmed and cut into long thin slices
- 200g-ish of good quality (sweet) red grapes
- 2 celery sticks, sliced (keep some leaves for garnish). (That one wasn't in the title, was it? That's right, I sneaked it in. Sneaky little celery. Trust it, though. Let it happen.)
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- about 2 tbsp of blue cheese (I used danish blue)
- wlanuts (optional)
1. Mix the pears, grapes, celery and walnuts in a bowl.
2. Shake the olive oil, lemon juice and salt together.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad.
4. Plate up.
5. Garnish with blue cheese and celery leaves.
I can't claim this one as my own, it's inspired by a Waitrose recipe card. Whatever, how about you come up with your own recipes all the time? Yeah, didn't think so.